Wednesday 22 February 2012

Film Noir Light interpretation photo task

Our task was to create a few film noir style photos showing our interpretation and understanding of lighting, often known as 'Chiaroscuro.' Before me and Bianca took the photo's we analysed some examples we found offline, then went into the photography studio to take our interpretation's, after I edited them on photoshop to add a more film noir style, including lowering saturation (making the colours black and white) adjusting the brightness and contrast, increasing the lightness of the colours and using the stamp tool to make some of the background darker.

Example 1:

Our interpretation:

Example 2:

Our interpretation:

Example 3:

Our interpretation:

Example 4:

Our Interpretation:


Example 5:

Our Interpretation:

1 comment:

  1. It's important to think about facial expression in these too, I know these are experiments in lighting and framing, but consider it opportunity to practice; your actors will need to be noir actors; now I don't know about you, but I can probably count the number of smiles I've seen in a film noir on my left hand, and most of those were devious creepy ones...

    ReplyDelete